For veterinary use only.
Frenovo canine distemper virus (CDV) antigen rapid test kit is a chromatographic immunoassay for the qualitative detection of canine distemper virus (CDV) antigen in canine ocular nasal secretion. This CDV Ag test kit provides a simple, rapid and accurate detection system to detect CDV Ag.
Storage and shelf life:
Store the canine distemper kit in a cool, dry place away from light (2~30℃). The shelf life of the CDV AG test kit is 24 months (see package).
1. Test Devices: 10 pieces test devices individually pouched.
2. Assay diluent in tube:10 units
3. Disposable swab:10 pcs
4. Disposable dropper cap:10 units
5. Work station:1 unit
6. Instructions for Use: 1 copy attached.
1. The test device, specimen, and assay diluent should be brought to room temperature (15~30°C) prior to use for a canine distemper rapid test kit or rapid test kit distemper.
2. Place the assay diluent tube on the work station and tear the aluminum film.
3. Collect specimen from eye conjunctiva or nasal discharge using a swab and insert the swab into the assay diluent tube immediately.
4. Mix the swab until the canine distemper virus (CDV) specimen has been dissolved totally into the canine distemper serum (Approximately 10sec), then squeeze the solution from the cotton swab as much as possible.
5. Discard the swab and cover the tube with dropper cap, then wait for 2 minutes.
6. Remove the test device from the foil pouch, and place it on a flat and dry surface.
7. Add 3 drops of assay diluent into the sample well on device, drop by drop vertically, and start the timer.
8. Read the results at 10~15 minutes, and the results after 15 minutes are no longer valid.
Canine distemper rapid test kit positive result (+): test line (T) and control line (C) within the result window indicate the presence of CAV II antigen.
Canine distemper rapid test kit negative result (-): only control (C) line appears in the result window indicating that CAV II antigen has not been detected.
Canine distemper rapid test kit invalid result: if the control (C) line does not appear, the result might be considered invalid.
The specimen should be retested.
The CDV Test Kit is a canine distemper test kit used to detect the presence of canine distemper virus (CDV) in canine samples. It includes a sample collection tube, a sample buffer, a sample collection swab, and an antibody test strip that detects the presence of CDV antigens. To use the kit, the CDV AG test kit instructions must be followed. Firstly, the sample is collected using the swab, placed into the sample collection tube, and mixed with the sample buffer. Then, the sample is applied to the antibody test strip and allowed to sit for 10 minutes. The results can be determined by the presence or absence of a colored line on the test strip. If a colored line appears, the sample is positive for CDV and the distemper test kit results must be confirmed with a veterinary laboratory test.
When using a Canine Distemper Virus (CDV) AG Test Kit, it is important to be aware of the common mistakes that may lead to incorrect results or improper use of the kit. Here are some mistakes to avoid when using the CDV AG Test Kit:
Not following the instructions: Always read and follow the instructions provided with the kit carefully. Not doing so can lead to incorrect results or improper use of the kit, which may cause harm to your pet.
Applying too much sample: Applying too much sample material to the test strip can lead to false-positive results. To ensure accurate results, use only a small amount of sample material.
Not using fresh samples: Always use fresh samples when testing for CDV. Old samples can lead to inaccurate results.
Not using the correct sample: The CDV AG Test Kit is designed to be used for canine distemper virus samples only. Using the wrong sample material can lead to false-positive results.
Not calibrating the equipment: It is important to calibrate the equipment according to the instructions provided with the kit. Doing so will ensure accurate results.
By following these guidelines and avoiding common mistakes, you can ensure that your CDV AG Test Kit is used properly and that accurate results are obtained.